Robert Craig Mountain Fruit Tasting With Owner Elton Slone!
Join CWH along with Robert Craig Partner & CEO, Elton Slone, for an intimate sit down tasting of hi-scoring new releases plus special treats typically found only at the winery. Elton will discuss the history & future of Robert Craig Winery and the emphasis they place on using mountain fruit.
Elton Slone, President, CEO of Robert Craig Winery
Elton arrived in 2004 and spearheaded the overhaul and reinvestment of the farming, winemaking and sales structure at the Craig. Now a managing partner of the winery, he spends much of his time traveling around the country spreading the Craig word. Elton brings his passion for old world wines to the new world of Craig with a production philosophy based on site expression.
Wines to be tasted:
- 2021 Robert Craig “Gap’s Crown” Chardonnay
- 2019 Robert Craig “Affinity” Cabernet Sauvignon (92 points Vinous)
- 2019 Robert Craig “Howell Mountain” Cabernet Sauvignon (97 points Vinous)
- 2018 Robert Craig “Amantet Vineyard” (Mount Veeder) Cabernet Sauvignon (95 points Vinous)
- 2017 Robert Craig “The Stick, Candlestick Vineyard,” Howell Mountain
- 2019 Robert Craig “Black Sears” Howell Mountain Zinfandel